Friday, January 05, 2007

Maliki doesn't like being prime minister

"Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said in a published report that he wishes he could leave office before his four-year term is up and would not run again.
'I didn't want to take this position,' al-Maliki told the Wall Street Journal in an interview published Tuesday. 'I only agreed because I thought it would serve the national interest, and I will not accept it again.'
. . . 'I wish I could be done with it even before the end of this term,' he said in the interview, which was conducted Dec. 24. 'I would like to serve my people from outside the circle of senior officials, maybe through the parliament, or through working directly with the people.' "

source
The Associated Press. Iraq Prime Minister Wishes He Could Quit. January 3, 2007.

posted: friday, january 5, 2007, 3:29 AM ET

tags:

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats