Monday, February 19, 2007

Deleting white bars from embedded YouTube videos

When I added a colored background on my website homepage, I noticed these thick white bars on the sides of my embedded YouTube video. Then I saw a YouTube page that had embedded videos with both a colored and picture background, but with no white bars. I looked at their source code and found that wmode="transparent" was in their source code between x-shockwave-flash and width in the embed section of the object code line, but not in the code that had been embedded in my source code page. So I added this code and the white bars disappeared.

Since then, I've noticed that the correct code (including wmode="transparent") is in the embed box on the YouTube watch page for my video and appears to be in the embed boxes of other videos also. I'm not sure why the original code I imported was different. I think I got it from a different page though.

--------------

I also found that you can adjust the size of your embedded video by changing the width and height from the default 425x350 in the embed section of the code that comes after x-shockwave-flash.

There's also another width and height at the start of the object code. These don't seem to make much difference in the size of your embedded video, but you can change it to match your desired size if you want. I did and so did the YouTube page that I looked at.

----------------

CORRECTION: In a previous post (Murder Peanuts 2/9/07), I had said that republishing YouTube and Google Video videos causes them to disappear. But on YouTube at least, this is only if you post the video to your blog from the YouTube watch page. If instead, you paste the code from the embed box on the YouTube watch page directly onto your blog, you can republish and the video won't disappear.

In Blogger, you can paste this code directly onto the Compose page and when you publish, the video should be there.

I couldn't find the embed code on the Google Video watch page after a quick look.

-----------------

And please take a look at my video below. I need the views!



posted: monday, february 19, 2007, 6:10 PM ET
update: sunday, february 25, 2007, 3:14 AM ET

tags:

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger http://www.zigbr.com said...

Great blog congratulations!come visit our site and see amazing free on line movies www.zigbr.com

my site is the best in the world
Visit the best free vids site on the net

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 12:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats