Monday, July 17, 2006

Technorati blurbs

Why do some blurbs on Technorati's search lists only get their link blurbed while most blurbs get surrounding text from their posts blurbed also?

I had linked to a Washington Post story in my July 17, 2006 posting, "Is Iraq a Moral Issue?." But when I checked the Post article later (it took at least 3 1/2 hours for my posting to be listed in Technorati and the Post), my posting's blurb only had my link (a measly "[1]"). A couple of other people's posting blurbs only had their links blurbed, but most of the posting blurbs contained surrounding text. I thought maybe it might be because my link came between sentences, but a number of the other posting blurbs contained multiple sentences, so that lessens that possibility.

Also, my sole visitor (so far) referred from the Post article exited my blog from the June 18, 2006 "Death Messages" posting. So was this another death message, too? (My hit counter records a visitor's entry and exit pages.)

posted: july 17, 2006, 12:33 PM ET
update: july 19, 2006, 6:41 AM ET

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats