Monday, September 18, 2006

Tracking cookies

I got the new 2007 Norton Internet Security. It has a new feature that tells you if you have tracking cookies on your computer. I had 50. (50!) Norton said they were "low-risk." But I don't want to be tracked, especially by 50 cookies. So I deleted them and felt clean.

I did a partial scan the next day and had 2 more tracking cookies. Not good, but not 50. I deleted those also.

I did another partial scan 2 days later and had 5 tracking cookies. So this is like ridiculous, right? Why do they want to track me? If I did this to their computers or to the computers of the companies that utilize their services, they'd call me a hacker and have me thrown in prison. But if they do it, it's ok.

There oughta be a law or somebody should invent something.

posted: monday, september 18, 2006, 4:14 AM ET

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats