Sunday, August 06, 2006

I gotta nu blog.

It's called Toonblog 22 and it has my (4) cartoons, but it's not going well. It doesn't show up at all on Blogger's Blog Search or Google.

I had gotten many visitors (for me) on my "Israel enters" cartoon on my regular website because it was the #1 link on Google for the keywords "Hezbollah cartoon," both with and without quote marks. (And the without quote marks had millions of hits). But the cartoon they were linking to was one that I thought I had deleted and it had no cartoon on it, just some text. So I created a new page with the URL Google was linking to and I put the cartoon on this new page. It worked for a couple of days. I got more visitors than usual (disclosure: those cartoons had yet to receive any visitors) and I put my four cartoons on separate pages and linked them and some people were actually looking at more than one cartoon (though they may have been phony visitors), so I thought there might be some interest.

But Google dropped my link two days later (both with quotes and without) and I went back to no visitors. So I created the new cartoon blog, but the problems mentioned above.

I may never draw another cartoon. My mind is a complete blank.

posted: august 6, 2006, 10:44 PM ET
update: august 8, 2006, 3:50 AM ET

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats